Automation in the manufacturing and material handling industry is the process of integrating industrial machinery to automate tasks. Utilizing hardware and software automation allows businesses to increase productivity, safety and profitability.
Why Should You Automate Your Operation?
- Reduce Operational Costs – With the seemingly always increasing minimum wage – automation of any type will help decrease costs associated with manual labour while increasing operational productivity.
- Improve Quality and Consistency – Automated systems are faster and more accurate than manual labour, producing consistent high-quality results.
- Improve Work Experience – Automation results in increased ergonomic impacts. Rugged tasks are handled by conveyors or automated systems.
- Increased Production Rates/Speeds – Automated systems have the ability to run 24/7 – minimizing downtime.
- Increase Flexibility – Working with automated systems allows labourers to easily switch tasks and complete other work providing flexibility.
- Minimize Waste – Increased quality and consistency also results in the reduced waste of various supplies. An example being paper and packaging supplies.
- Operate Safely – You can reduce employee exposure to backbreaking, and injury prone tasks in your operation through automated systems.
- Reduce Labour Turnover – Skilled and trained warehousing employees are difficult to find and retain. Utilizing automation in your operation helps reduce your workforce staff.
- Reduce Cost of Consumables – Since your operation will utilize less and do more, you can reduce the cost of consumables and waste.
- Optimize Space – Conveyors can be configured to increase floor space. Having an automated warehouse, allows companies to establish efficient picking processes, routes and sequences to enable better overall performance.
Wecon System understands that all systems are unique and require an experienced skill set to ensure smooth operation, we look forward to helping your company find the right material handling, and warehouse automation solution.
We employ experienced installers with expertise in a wide range of projects — from simple gravity conveyors to advanced sortation and cross-docking applications, and from new systems installations to system upgrades and equipment relocation.