Pallet handling systems — or unit load handling systems, as they are often called — are designed to handle high-load capacities, large product footprints, and operate in harsh conditions.
There are five benefits to using such a system, including:
- Reduced forklift travel and labour
- Improved product flow
- Improved traceability
- Cleaner production area
- Less product and equipment damage
These systems are among the lineup of material handling offerings provided by Mississauga, Ont.-based Wecon Systems. The company designs and integrates unit load systems to interface with palletizers (high- and low-level, robotic and gantry), stretch wrappers, strappers and AGVs/LGVs.
Fully integrated systems may include:
- Roller transportation – Various roller capacities, straight sections and curves are available;
- Roller accumulation – Unique, simple design and freezer applicable;
- Multi-chain – Can handle non-roller conveyable product or non-ideal pallet orientation; and
- Chain transfers, turntable, lifts and transfer cars.
Integrated systems are also more forgiving of poor quality and damaged pallets.
As an independent integrator, Wecon Systems’ philosophy is to develop and source technology that best fits its customers’ facilities’ requirements — in terms of functionality, convenience and value. Locally owned and operated in Mississauga for more than 17 years, the company’s team has more than 200 years of combined experience working with industrial and commercial clients to find the right conveyor or packaging solution to suit their unique needs.
Contact Wecon Systems for more information on its pallet handling systems, or its many other materials handling solutions.